THEY’RE FASCINATING !
When I was growing up, we had stop watches and pedometers. Later, in my 30s, I witnessed the popularity of calculators.
We now have smartwatches by FitBit, Garmin, Apple and others that are so amazing that they strain our credulity. I have tried a couple smartwatches, but was not willing to pay much.
But I am still fascinated by them and decided to look for the very best.
This will be a short post and will be based on my research.
THE GARMIN VIVOACTIVE 4
This watch gives us the following:
- 20+ preloaded sports apps – walking, running, cycling, swimming, golf and more
- 7 days of battery life – or up to 5 hours of music in GPS mode
- Full animated workout instructions
- Monitoring of our body’s energy levels
- Sensing of our blood oxygen saturation – during the day or as we sleep
- Tracking of our stress levels
- Details on health cycles of women (pregnancy, menstrual cycles)
- Data on our levels of hydration
- Respiration tracking, even during sleep
- Details of how we are sleeping – REM and other stages
- Our heart rate
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is an upgrade of the Garmin Vivoactive 3, which was deemed the best overall fitness smartwatch by BuyersGuide.org.
I really believe the Garmin Vivoactive 4 is the best on the market today.
Take a look at this video.
See details on Amazon. (I am an Amazon affiliate and may give recommendations and earn from qualifying purchases)
The Garmin Inreach Mini 2 is a small satellite communicator. It gives us coverage when cell phones cannot.
It gives us up to 14 days of battery life and TracBack routing if we get lost.
Also, we get:
- Two-way messaging
- SOS alerts
- Location sharing
- Weather forecast service
- A digital compass
- Trip planning
Check out this video on the security the Inreach Mini 2 gives us.
Here are the details.
My goal was to find the best fitness smartwatch. The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is certainly at least in the conversation.
But check the link carefully for other options, with descriptions, prices and reviews. Amazon always provides choices.
In my search process, I discovered the Garmin Inreach Mini 2. This seems the ultimate safety valve when we venture into areas with no cell phone coverage.
The Inreach Mini 2 is not a smartwatch, but I thought it would be interesting to adventurers.
I have been on camping trips and mountain climbing ventures where this would have been a valuable asset.
Please leave me any comments or questions in the “Comments” section below. Or email me, email@example.com.
Be well and stay active!