THERE ARE DOWNSIDES AND UPSIDES
- I have arthritis in my knees, back, hips and fingers, but I can still do most things
- Tennis is no longer an option, but I can still work out and I do so daily
- I can’t run or even jog fast, but I can still walk on my treadmill or outdoors
- I can’t play competitive sports any more, but I have memories and trophies
- Many people don’t reach this age, so I consider myself blessed
This picture was made yesterday, 3 weeks past my 80th birthday:
I am 5’9″ and weigh 183 pounds. My army identification picture shows that I was 6′ tall and weighed 195 at age 25.
Arthritis in my spinal column and elsewhere has caused the loss of height. I had back surgery to relieve spinal stenosis, which had caused nerve pain.
Everything considered, I am in pretty good shape. I am not bench pressing 300 pounds, as before, but who is at age 80?
BEING AN AFFILIATE MARKETER
I write articles on home workouts and related subjects. Within the articles, I place relevant links to those affiliations I have established. I also place single ads for affiliates, as I am currently doing during the holiday season.
My upper menu gives information for those who are interested in becoming an affiliate marketer. See “BECOME AN AFFILIATE MARKETER”‘.
The following is an interview by a LinkedIn friend. This will provide information about my retirement job as an affiliate marketer.
1.Tell us a little about yourself ……….I am a retired senior citizen, now 80 years old. I have had long experience in team and individual sports, as well as in physical fitness through workouts. Self expression by writing has always been my most noticeable asset.
2.Tell us a little about your business……….My business is about 3 years of age. I write articles on home workouts and related topics, using affiliations that I have established. This is my means of marketing, i.e., that I provide relevant links to affiliate products.
3. What is unique about your business?……….My lengthy experience in my niche gives me an advantage in marketing my articles and my links to products.
4. What made you get into that business?……....Working from home appealed to me, especially with the onset of Covid. Choosing a niche was quite easy.
5. How have your priorities changed from when you first started?……….I began with no affiliations and very little following. My business is growing very satisfactorily.
6. What strategies did you first use to market your business?..……..My approach has been to include humor and even self deprecation. I find “know it all” fitness “experts” to be somewhat boring. I like to speak of mistakes that I have made and their remedies. I believe my audience can relate well to this approach.
7. How do you define success?……….I would define success as the attainment of goals, whether financial or of self-realization or comfort.
8.What would you tell someone looking to become an entrepreneur?……….An entrepreneur would do well to study his/her subject matter thoroughly and to proceed carefully but vigorously.
9.What are the qualities of a good entrepreneur?……….Entrepreneurial qualities seem to me to be primarily lodged in the general area of self-confidence and the willingness to “go it alone” – the capacity to endure failure while striving for success. As Rudyard Kipling said, “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same….”
10.What have you enjoyed most about starting your own company?……….My greatest pleasure in my business is seeing its growth
11.What are you working on now?……….I am now working on an article wherein I will speak of my age and the special considerations of seniors.
CLICK THIS LINK FOR MY ARTICLE ON “SENIOR WORKOUT CONSIDERATIONS”
MY FAVORITE AFFILIATIONS
- Amazon was my first affiliation, As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. For example, click here for whey protein.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods has been my favorite source for sports equipment, accessories and apparel for several decades. Take a look at their entire inventory and holiday specials
- Bullworker home fitness products are of high quality and offer both isotonic and isometric modes. Check it out.
- Goli Nutrition provides super healing gummies and bites. Click here for details. Always use the promo code workoutblogger for discounts and free shipping.
I also have access to hundreds of name brand suppliers, such as: Under Armour, Adidas, Garmin, Nike, Bass Pro Shops, Bowflex, Bushnell, Footjoy, Callaway, Lacoste, Reebok, Total Gym, TRX, Burt’s Bees, FitTrack and many others, all of which have discount coupons or other specials to present.
This has been an occasion to announce my 80th birthday and to also explain more fully what I am doing Online.
Being 80 is certainly a milestone. I received a birthday card from a friend of over 40 years – “Happy birthday and my condolences”.
I look forward to more healthy years and my continued effort to balance what I can do with what has become increasingly difficult. It is like playing a game, using tactics and seeking different approaches.
Altogether, it has been fun and I have no complaints!
Please leave me any questions or comments in the “Comments” section below. Or email me, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be well! Stay healthy this winter!